Celebrate International Beer Day: Bars, Breweries & Fun Things to Do in Coos Bay
Happy International Beer Day! Oregon is the epicenter of the craft beer culture revolution, and there's no better place to experience it than right here in Coos Bay. Base your adventures in the heart of the city at our charming Coos Bay hotel, a coastal retreat that offers access to all of the top attractions on the coast.
Comfortable, Cozy Coos Bay Hotel
Wake up to a complimentary breakfast each day and enjoy courtyard views from your room or suite. With free Wi-Fi and a fantastic central location, Quality Inn & Suites at Coos Bay is the perfect choice for your Oregon Getaway.
Discover the 10 Best Breweries, Brewpubs & Bars Near Coos Bay
Coos Bay's bar scene is known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere - and fantastic prices! Raise a glass and celebrate International Beer Day at one of these unique local pubs and sports bars.
- Walt's Pourhouse - Discover 16 beers on tap (many from Oregon) at this convivial sports bar on North 7th Kick back on the partially covered patio with your brew or challenge your friends to a round of shuffleboard or pool. Enjoy burgers, sandwiches, salads, pizzas, and classic bar bites like fried oysters, nachos, and hot wings. (2.3 miles from hotel)
- Back Alley Pub & Grill - Put a twist on your night out at this bowling alley bar, which is located right by our hotel in Coos Bay. It features a surprisingly large menu with a wide variety of sandwiches, pizza, salads, burgers, snacks, and homemade sauces. Try 12 beers on tap plus bottle microbrews. Play trivia on Sundays and go glow-in-the-dark bowling on Friday and Saturday nights. (0.1 miles from hotel)
- Tiny's Tavern - RVers love this bar for its free Wi-Fi and tiny laundromat in the back. Situated just a few blocks from our hotel, it also features pool tables and an affordable menu of fried fish combos, cheeseburgers, and deep-fried appetizers. Friendly service and great beer selection! (0.5 miles from hotel)
- 7 Devils Brewing Co. - Sample a heady lineup of small-batch, local ales along with farm-fresh cuisine made with locally sourced ingredients at this gastropub - a social and musical hub. Bottled beer from this brewery is served at establishments all over town, but it tastes best right at the source. Find free live music on select nights plus a fire ring, rain garden, and coastal décor. (3.5 miles from hotel)
- Bandon Brewing Co. - Situated south on the coast about a half-hour from Coos Bay in Old Town Bandon, this pizzeria features about 10 different beers on tap. While there is a Bandon Brewing Company, they aren't brewing their beer on-site just yet. But you can drink it. It also serves delicious wood-fired pizzas, big burgers, and huge appetizers. Chill out on the outdoor patio and try the hard cider. (27.2 miles from hotel)
- Warehouse 101 - Ride our hotel's free shuttle to this nightclub/sports bar, which is located at the Mill Casino. Live bands play every Friday and Saturday night, and you can watch the games on their giant wide-screen TVs. Their tasty wings go well with their wide selection of craft beer. Enjoy comedy acts on Wednesday nights and trivia games every Tuesday. (1.3 miles from hotel).
- Captain's Cabin - Hang out with colorful locals at this Coos Bay mainstay, a fun watering hole with draft beers and a divey atmosphere. Play the jukebox or the lotto, and chat with the bartender over cheap drinks. (3.2 miles from hotel)
- Defeat River Brewing Company - You can BYOF (bring your own food) or order in from a local restaurant at this easygoing brewery, which is located about 30 minutes north of Coos Bay in Reedsport. It's a great stop after exploring the nearby Dunes region. Try hefty IPAs, Pale Ales, and Pilsners. (24.7 miles from hotel)
- The Liberty Pub - Just a few blocks from our hotel, this low-key bar is located in a building from 1908 - one of North Bend's earliest saloons. It has a warm and welcoming vibe, and serves a menu of bar bites and pizza. (0.4 miles from hotel)
- Gooney's Sports Bar - Enjoy cold beer plus a great selection of cocktails at this bar, which is known for its Geezer Jam Night every Wednesday. You'll also find live music on Saturday nights, karaoke throughout the week, and a classic comfort food menu of pizza, burgers, and sandwiches. Play pool and kick back on the outdoor patio. (3.0 miles from hotel)
What Is the Best Oregon Beer?
This is a hotly debated question, and you're likely to get a different answer from every single person that you ask. Your best bet is to try them all until you find the one you like best - but some of our favorites include:
- Barley Brown's Pallet Jack - Baker City, OR
- Full Sail Brewing Company Session Premium Lager
- Widmer Hefeweizen - Portland, OR
- Rogue Farms Good Chit Pilsner - Newport, OR
- 7 Devils Brewery Chinook Red Ale - Coos Bay, OR
- Hopworks Urban Brewery Nonstop Hef Hop - Portland, OR
- Fort George Brewery 3-Way IPA - Astoria, OR
- Deschutes The Abyss - Bend, OR
- Great Notion Brewing Double Stack - Portland, OR
- Full Sail 8 Pound Ale - Hood River, OR
- Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale - Bend, OR
- Cascade Brewing Gose - Portland, OR
- Boneyard Beer Co. Bone-A-Fide Pale Ale - Bend, OR
- Rogue Dead Guy Ale - Newport, OR
- Hopworks Urban Brewery Ace of Spades - Portland, OR
Craft the Perfect Oregon Coast Getaway at Our Coos Bay Hotel
With a peaceful coastal vibe and a convenient location, our relaxing hotel puts you in the heart of beautiful North Bend, Oregon. We're near all the exciting things to do in Coos Bay, including shopping, biking, golf, hiking, and so much more. Stay with us and enjoy extras like an indoor hot tub, free covered parking, free hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and a free shuttle to Mill Casino. We offer pet-friendly rooms and suites with microwaves, refrigerators, and cable TV. Check out our current special offers and vacation packages and book your Coos Bay getaway today!