Another checkmark on your bucket list this summer is to comb the beaches of South Oregon's Coast. Harris Beach State Park is home to thousands of rare varieties of birds that flock to the biggest island off the Oregon Coast, Bird Island, each summer for their breeding grounds. No matter what time of year you choose to visit, you'll enjoy endless sunsets over the sparkling waters of the Pacific Ocean. Some of our favorite features of Harris Beach are:
- Tidepools - Filled with marine life, be sure to bring your waterproof camera for the amazing varieties of sea creatures you will encounter.
- Sandy Beaches - The kids will love playing in the sand along the coast, so be sure to pack a bucket and shovel.
- Wildflowers - The ocean breezes pick up the fragrant scents of wildflowers that grow in abundance throughout the park area.
- Marine Life - From Gray Whales, California Sea Lions, Harbor Seals, and birds, the experiences are endless.
The calendar of events for June is quite exciting! Check out what Harris Beach State Park has planned:
- 6/7 - Jr. Rangers & Hummingbirds.
- 6/8 - Morning Tide Pool Walk.
- 6/9 - Country Music by Rapp Brush.
- 6/10 - Tsunamis & Earthquakes.
- 6/11 - Edible and Medical Plant Walk.
- 6/12 - Let's go Batty!
- 6/14 - Seal and Sea Lions.
There are endless discoveries just waiting for your arrival. It's time to book your stay, and for the best quality, convenience and comfort along the South Coast, stay at Quality Inn & Suites Coos Bay. Our courteous and friendly staff can make your reservation today! Call us at (541)756-3191.