No matter which way you turn when you visit the South Coast of Oregon, you will find yourself in complete amazement at the incredible beauty that lies around each winding road, each embankment overlooking the Pacific Ocean, and each back bay. Known for the rugged cliffs and small islands that are home to seals, sea lions, and many varieties of coastal birds, Coos Bay is a place of history and educational pursuits that everyone in your family will enjoy. Just a few of our favorite things to experience while visiting are:
- Whale watching - Blue and Gray whales can be sighted in the waters of the Pacific Ocean at different intervals during the year.
- Cape Arago State Park - From beachcombing, tidepool explorations, and scenic hiking trails, this headland jutting into the Pacific Ocean at the end of Cape Arago Highway is a must see for all that visit the area.
- Fresh seafood - From fishing off the boats of chartered boat expeditions to crabbing or clamming along the waters of the Bay, savor your catch or ship back home for later enjoyment.
- Botanical Gardens - An array of state parks offer botanicals year round like Shore Acres State Park.
- Egyptian Theatre - Catch a movie at one of the country's most historic theaters and experience the original decor of the Egyptian Revival Style Theatre. Take a candid photo on King Tut's bench to commemorate your visit.
One of the best choices is making plans to stay at our comfortable and convenient hotel that offers scenic courtyard views, affordable rates, complimentary hot breakfasts, free WiFi, and space for your four-legged friend. If you need assistance with fun things to do while visiting, just ask us! Our friendly and courteous staff can help you plan an itinerary you and your family will love for a vacation that creates memories to last a lifetime.