Late Spring on the coast is a season of rebirth and rediscovery - after a long, wet winter we're all itchin' to explore! When you're staying with us in Coos Bay Oregon, things to do are right around every corner. From sunup to sunset here are our top May events for the whole family to enjoy:
- On Saturday, May 13th the annual Mayfly Festival "draws together two of our brightest hopes for the future; local youth and the incredible watershed in which we live." Hands-on events for all ages combined with a performance by the Banana Slug String Band means a day of doing good and feeling good.
- Explore the world - without leaving Coos Bay Oregon! Friday, May 19th is the 11th Annual East meet West Dinner, where students at the Southwestern Oregon Community College's Oregon Coast Culinary Institute (OCCI) will prepare a feast of international dishes to take you ‘round the world and back again.
- Put on your red, white & blue and meet us downtown at the 30th Annual Coos Bay Memorial Day Parade! Honor our citizens who have served, while getting to know a slice of our paradise by the bay.
- Each Wednesday, head to the Coos Bay Farmers Market for the freshest food around! From 9 am to 2 pm, you'll find 60 vendors offering seasonal fruits and veggies, locally baked treats, homemade jams and arts & crafts - along with weekly surprises for the whole family.
- Around Coos Bay, Fridays are known as the Downtown Coos Bay Wine Walk - explore our quaint town while discovering a new favorite vintage - all while raising funds for local organizations.