Just a short drive from the steps of our conveniently located hotel is the beautiful Sunset Bay State Park. With so many iconic things to see and do while visiting Oregon's South Coast, make plans to check out what's on tap at Sunset Bay. From activities for Seniors to excursions for the whole family to interactive learning fun for kiddos only, this park not only is situated right off Cape Arago Highway but within walking distance to some of the most impressive beaches around. Check out some of our favorite excursions coming up later in July:
- Tidepooling - Take the family on a guided tour from 7/21 - 7/27.
- Incredible Sands beach walk - Walk and learn from Marty Giles on 7/23.
- Cape Arago Lighthouse - Learn how it lights up the coast on 7/24.
- Gardner's Cottage Open House - Explore the Simpson's historic cottage on 7/25 at Shore Acres Gardens
- Elderberry Wood Bead Making Class - On 7/26 get creative with beads.
- Native Plant Walk - From edible to useful, explore plants on 7/27.