Winter in Oregon can be many things: sunny, overcast, rainy, cloudy, blue skies and puddles – and often in the same day!
There's no need to stay inside and wait for the first daffodils to poke their heads up, however – February is the time to get outside and enjoy the unparalleled beauty of the Oregon coast. Pack your raincoat, boots and sweater and you'll be ready to wander our uncrowded (read: nearly empty) beaches, reserve a table at your favorite restaurant and meet friendly locals at nearby events.
Here are our top picks for February events in and around Coos Bay:
- The Coos Bay Art Museum presents their Winter Exhibit, featuring works from their permanent collection alongside ceramics, photography and fine art of local artists.
Friday, 12/9/2016 to Saturday, 2/11/2017
- Every Wednesday is Comedy Night at the Mill Casino, with a rotating lineup of comics from across the country. Enjoy two different shows along with food & drink.
- Foreign Film Friday at the Coos Bay Library is a local tradition, screening subtitled films from around the world.
Friday, 2/10/2017 7:00 pm
- Little Theatre on the Bay presents "Big Bad & Dorothy Meets Alice," a delightful production from our local theatre company.
Friday, 2/10/2017 to Sunday, 2/26/2017
- At the Annual Charleston Crab Feed you'll enjoy fresh, local crab dinners, with proceeds supporting the Charleston Visitor Center.
Saturday, 2/11/2017 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Held after the Crab Feed, check out the wine and chocolate tasting for a sweet end to a delicious day.
- A night of International Folk Dancing wraps up February with cheer and smiles!
Friday, 2/24/2017 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm