Winter Adventures in Coos Bay, Oregon
When the mercury drops and the winter weather sets in, you can still have a blast in Coos Bay. Here on the Oregon Coast, there are all kinds of unique things to do during chilly winter days. Locals love crabbing and storm watching, and you can also visit museums and The Mill Casino. Check out some of our favorite winter things to do in Coos Bay.
Top Things to Do in the Winter in Coos Bay
- The Mill Casino – Ride our free shuttle to this 24/7 casino, which is packed with Vegas-style table games and more than 700 slot machines. Enjoy entertainment in the lounges and win big!
- Oregon Dunes – Part of the Siuslaw National Forest, Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area is magical in the winter. Ride along the dunes in an ATV – they stretch for over 40 miles.
- Theaters & Cinemas – Enjoy shows and movies at nearby theaters like The Egyptian, Pony Village Cinema, and the Little Theatre on the Bay.
- Storm Watching/Wave Watching – Head to Shore Acres State Park to watch thunderous, 100-ft waves smash against the cliffs.
- Crabbing & Fishing – In winter months on the Oregon Coast, you can fish for steelhead and go crabbing and clamming. Book a guided tour or ask us for the best places to go.
Book Your Oregon Coast Winter Getaway
Make your escape to our Coos Bay hotel and enjoy a season of spirit and natural wonders. Book your reservations today!