School's out, vacation time is granted and the whole family is ready to hit the road for an adventure-filled holiday. The Oregon coast sparkles in the summertime, and our pet friendly hotel in Coos Bay, Oregon is waiting to welcome you! But before you set out on the journey, a little advance planning can go a long way towards keeping the whole gang happy.
- Anticipate delays: Whether flying or driving, there's always the chance things will take longer than expected. Be sure to pack extra snacks and books to keep everyone satisfied and occupied until the wheels start rolling again.
- Give each other space: There's a lot of together-time during family trips, and it's easy to get overloaded. Let each person know they're welcome to take some me-time when they need it, then let them lock themselves in the bathroom (or hang out in the hallway) by themselves for a little while.
- Stay cool: summer sure is magical, but overheating is not. Check in regularly and make sure to take breaks in the shade or air conditioning whenever the need arises. A quick dip in the Pacific will do the trick, too!
- Group planning: Instead of one person planning the entire itinerary, let each family member choose an event they really want to experience. And when it's their day, make sure they feel extra-special about the adventure ahead. When everyone has their voices heard, the whole family is happier!
- Pack light: There's nothing worse than a heavy, unwieldy suitcase – except for five of them! Before you leave home carefully review everyone's bags… then instruct them to remove 25% of what they've packed! Less packed means less to unpack, repack, unpack, repack, schlep, lug and carry.